It is the panacea for major illnesses – stroke, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and cancer by 50%. It can even reduce the risk of early death by 30%. It helps you stay healthy, happy and fit. It improves your mind and body. It is totally free. It is exercise. Here are four different form of this catholicon.
Yoga has been said to be more than just an exercise. It is the wholesome development of an individual. It involves, not just the transformation of just the body, but also of the mind towards positivity and longevity. It boosts your physical, social and mental wellbeing. Yoga relaxes your muscles and nullifies any kind of fatigue or stiffness in the body. There are five types of Yoga Asanas(Asanas refers to the collective physical stretches and meditative poses) are Bhujangsana, Chakrasana, Dhanurasana, Gomukhasana and Vrikshasana. Yoga is a key to a healthy and balanced lifestyle. So, stretch yourself to health.
Also called studio cycling, spinning is an excellent workout to strengthen your heart and shape up your legs. The following benefits are derived from spinning aside from giving you defined legs and trained abs.
- – Burning of calories: We all know the importance of cutting down our calorie intake, so does spinning. A spinning class can burn an average of 500 calories!
- – Enhances your mental strength: Spinning requires endurance. When you are able to endure and get through the difficult phases in spinning, you build self-discipline which can be applied to your daily life. You get to build self control and confidence.
- – Better cardiovascular health: When spinning, you get to learn how to control your heart rate. This helps in dealing with exerting situations you come across in real life. You learn to keep your cool.
The treadmill is an aerobic exercise that provides versatile indoor exercise options for running and walking. The benefits of exercising with a treadmill are
- – Cardiovascular benefits: Due to the physical exertions, your breathing and heart rates increases as does the blood flow between your lungs and muscles. This improves your resting circulation, keeps your arteries clearer, lower your resting heart rate and ultimately lowers the risk of a heart disease or stroke.
- – Mental and emotional benefits: Working out on a treadmill releases endorphin, which promotes a sense of wellbeing. This in turn reduces symptoms of depression and helps you relax.
- – Healthy bones: The journal, Journal of Bone and Mineral Metabolism found that regular endurance training on a treadmill had significant benefits for the bone quality of growing rats. This is indicative that treadmills have a role to play in developing healthy bones. It helps increasing bone density which strengthens the skeleton and reduces the risk of bone thinning diseases.
Weight Training Exercise
These are strength training exercises that use the force of gravity to build muscle strength. With the use of fitness equipments such as barbell bars and dumbbells, you are able to increase your muscle strength and bones, making them stronger and bigger over time. You are also able to keep the fat at bay, leaving you looking, feeling and being actually fit. The increased metabolism also enables sound sleep and less risk of depression.
Whichever of the above form of exercise you chose, you will be adding years to your life and life to your years. Look for a way to fit exercise into your life and you will be better for it.
Over to you, tell us about your exercise routine and its effect on your life here.